Saturday, February 25, 2012

Status Update

I am just checking in and letting everyone know where I sit on my journey to boarding the ship.

At this point in time I have completed the following:
Job fair and Interview
New Hire Paper Work 
Medical Exam 

I have remaining:
TWIC Application (Overnight Road Trip :) )
MMC Application (NCLA takes care of this for you)
Receive Clearance from Medical Exam, Receive TWIC and MMC cards
Receive Sail Out Date and/or be placed the active hold list.

This is the Pride of America , the ship I will be employed on. 
This journey has deficiently been a life lesson on how quick things in life can change, it made me realize that we have to be thankful and enjoy what we have when its around because as in this situation life can change in only a matter of a few days. I am really looking forward to getting to the ship and completing my training and get to working. While told it is hard to transfer departments once on board, I am hoping that I can prove my dedication and get transferred to shore excursion, front desk, or cruise staff position soon. I am thankful to have such a supportive group of family and friends who have really helped and encouraged me on this long and difficult but eventually wonderful journey in life. This job will open up the chance for my to see the world and travel and that is amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment